This two-day kayak trip begins with the six-hour Elephant Rock trip, followed by a day of hiking in Glacier Lake.
A Three-Day Kayak Adventure in Homer
- Spend the day exploring sea otters, eagles, and other wildlife of Yukon Island.
- Set up camp at water’s edge of Tutka Bay, where your guide prepares your dinner.
- Continue kayaking deeper into 8-mile-long Tutka Bay, gaining views of hanging glaciers and waterfalls, and cross impressive salmon runs.
- You also have an option of taking a short hike up to see spectacular views of Kachemak Bay.
- Spend the day paddling, returning to base camp in time to unpack and water taxi to Homer by 5:30 p.m.
- All kayak equipment
- All camping gear
- Water taxi
What to Bring
- Quick-dry shorts/pants
- Two to three pairs of thick socks
- Long underwear top and bottoms
- Insulating jacket
- Rain coat and pants
- Billed and warm hat
- Hiking boots